>  C:\ruby\src\pdf_writer-1.1.8>rake test
>  (in C:/ruby/src/pdf_writer-1.1.8)
>  rake aborted!
>  no such file to load -- meta_project
>  C:/ruby/src/pdf_writer-1.1.8/rakefile:14
>  (See full trace by running task with --trace)

I'd be shocked if this worked anyway, since PDF::Writer has no unit tests.

>  BTW, disabling the RubyForge forums and using Trac is a mistake. Not
>  only do I prefer the one stop shopping of RubyForge, I have absolutely
>  no idea how to submit a ticket/feature request/discuss a possible
>  issue, etc.

I don't think that the RubyForge forums have been in place for a long
time for PDF::Writer. I'll let Greg update the contact info to point
to the PDF::Writer discussion group on Google Groups (the mailing list
on RubyForge is going to be shut down on the first of April, which
date was just pulled out of my head).

-austin
 * austin / zieglers.ca