Justin Collins wrote:
> Liu Ming wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> My OS is Fedora. I download Ruby source and comppiled. I download
>> ActiveTcl and installed. But, when I do require 'tk', ruby say:
>> LoadError:no such file to load -- tk.
>>
>> Please help me.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>

> It seems you may have installed Ruby then Tcl, so you may need to
> recompile Ruby to use it.
> Try the information here: http://www.tkdocs.com/tutorial/install.html
>
> -Justin

Hi Justin,

Thanke you for your reply. I have followed the steps in the install
document to setup. But, I don't success. When I run "make" command, I
found the "tk" module can't be complie, please see the part of "make"
resule:

compiling tk
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lm/Desktop/ruby/ext/tk'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lm/Desktop/ruby/ext/tk'
compiling tk/tkutil
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/lm/Desktop/ruby/ext/tk/tkutil'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/lm/Desktop/ruby/ext/tk/tkutil'

I have another question. In the install document, % ./configure
--prefix=<install-dir>
    --with-tcl-dir=/opt/ActiveTcl-8.5
    --with-tk-dir=/opt/ActiveTcl-8.5
    --with-tcllib=tclstub8.5
    --with-tklib=tkstub8.5
    --enable-tcltk_stubs
    --enable-tcl-thread
    --enable-pthread
In here, indicate tcllib to tclstub8.5, but, I can't found any file
called tclstub8.5 in my Tcl installed folder.

Thanks.