Pavel,

perlembed is about embedding Perl into your programs, not libraries
and even then it's about building a C / C++ program that can call out
perl functions, like for using Perl as a scripting language. If you
want a library that's linked to by other programs, it has to be
written in a language that can be compiled into a static library.
Thus, you're stuck with C / C++.

What you want, you can't do, whether in Ruby, Perl, Lua, etc.

You can fake it by:

Creating a C library with a single function that starts up the Ruby vm
and executes installed Ruby scripts or Ruby code compiled into the
library as a giant string.
Link to that library, link to Ruby, and then call the function to
start the whole process.

Please don't do this. If it needs to be a Unix library, just write it
in C / C++.

Jason