On Mar 16, 2008, at 21:23 , Adam Akhtar wrote:

> I haven't seen the /mx term before, is that reponsible for not
> including
> the markers themselves?

Those are two regexp modifiers stacked together:

* With /m the dot matches newlines. I couldn't assume the text to
extract doesn't contain newlines so I added it just in case.

* With /x literal whitespace in the regexp are ignored. Since the
regexp uses so many backslashes that gives some air for readability.

As for the other mail String#match returns a MatchData object. Those
objects support indexing by [], and the first capture is at index 1.