Hi, I'm new in this maillist so hello to all.

I want to do a SIP protocol parser in Ruby (SIP protocol is very similar to
HTTP) so I'm looking for the most appropiate parser in Ruby. Also, it's the
first time I try to do something like this so I need first lot of doc reading
(yacc, lex, LARL, LL, BNF...).

I'd just like to know with parser is a good option for my purpose since I've
found "too much" of them:

- rex
- ruby-lex
- racc
- ruby-yacc
- coco-rb
- TreeTop
- Ragel

For now I don't look for the fastest and most efficient parser, maybe just for
the easiest one. I will read those days about Yacc and Lex since I assume
they are the base of all of them, and I know that typically Yacc is used in
conjunction with Lex so:
If I choose Racc, will I need Rex?
If I choose Ruby-Yacc, will I need Ruby-Lex?
Note that I want to get Ruby code, not C, C++ or others.

My purpose is just receiving SIP requests (similar to HTTP requests) and parse
them (maybe into Ruby objects) to work with them (implement a SIP stack).

They are lots of options and I'm getting a little "lost" with so many doc to
read. Any orientation please?

Thanks a lot and best regards.

--
IƱaki Baz Castillo