Before my message sinks, I found a website which provides some useful
information: http://howtoforge.com/apache2-mod_ruby-with-ispconfig-2.2.20-and-above
Essentially, I need to config my apache server so that it will
execute .rb as a script instead of cast the whole script. This answers
the second question.

However, I still cannot figure out how to parse the parameter on the
several side. That is, when client sends a http get request to
http://www.mysite.com/sum.rb?a=3&b=5, how can server (sum.rb) parses
the parameter and knows a=3, b=5.

Thanks a lot,

Lauren