Massimiliano Mirra wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 08:33:56PM +0900, Michael Neumann wrote:
> > > I looked into XML-RPC for the same purpose, but it appeared that the
> > > procedure call was being made the HTTP/1.0 way, i.e. one connection
> > > for each call.
> > You should be able to use connection alive. Is that what you want?
>
> I think so.  I set up both client and standalone server as suggested
> in the howto, just replaced call with multicall, but got an exception:
>
> irb(main):007:0> server.multicall (['sample.sumAndDifference', 3, 4], ['sample.sumAndDifference', 8, 1])
> /usr/lib/ruby/1.6/xmlrpc/client.rb:409:in `multicall': XMLRPC::FaultException (XMLRPC::FaultException)
>         from (irb):7:in `irb_binding'
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.6/irb/workspace-binding.rb:46:in `irb_binding'
>         from /usr/lib/ruby/1.6/irb/workspace-binding.rb:46

`multicall' has nothing to do with connection alive. If your XML-RPC
server do not support the multiCall extension (xmlrpc4r don't enable it
by default - set ENABLE_MULTICALL to true in config.rb, or call
BasicServer#add_multicall before entering the "serve" method) then
this will not work.

I am not sure if the server-implementation of xmlrpc4r supports
connection-alive. I guess it don't.
But you can use the WEBrick server framework or wwwsrv together with
xmlrpc4r, to get connection-alive for the server-side.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann