On Mon, 24 Dec 2001, Ron Jeffries wrote:
> Isn't it about time for Ruby to be written entirely in Ruby? What's up
> with that?

Well, I had such a project at some point, and it was called M?taRuby;
however I have only one head, 24 hours/day, and other things to do. But
I'll try to make it progress at least slowly. I'm not aware of any person
other than myself willing to put some real effort on it.

On Thu, 20 Dec 2001, Ron Jeffries wrote:
> MetaRuby is cool. Will that approach become part of
> core Ruby? Seems it would have some nice advantages. What are reasons
> why it perhaps should not, if there are any?

because Matz is not interested.

Mathieu Bouchard                   http://hostname.2y.net/~matju