James Gray wrote:
> On Mar 9, 2008, at 7:46 PM, Clifford Heath wrote:
>> I think there's real scope for a good API reference book, preferably
>> in two volumes; core classes (String up to Net::) and others (RexML,
> This request confuses me.  The Net::* libraries are part of the
> standard library, no Ruby's core.

I don't think that folk wanting a reference care whether something's
defined as core or standard; what they want is a reference where the
stuff you look up often isn't completely drowned in stuff you don't.
I know that differs by the individual, but a useful subset isn't hard
to choose. Just look at ruby-doc.org if you don't see  the problem.