On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Clifford Heath <no / spam.please.net> wrote:
>  I was more forceful than I needed to be. The problem I have with the
>  Pickaxe is not that any part of it is either useless or badly written,
>  but that it tries to be five different kinds of book in one, and just
>  ends up as a mess. You never know where to look to find what you want.

Back when it first came out, there was only the one book, and not
enough market to support four more.  I'm glad it has had the scope it
does - for me, and I suspect for a lot of long-time Rubyists, it was a
better holistic bootstrap into the world of Ruby coding than any
single-purpose tutorial, reference, or guide.

--
Avdi