On Mar 9, 2:13  򮮮
wrote:
> Ilias Lazaridis wrote:
> >> No offence intended, but this seems way off.
>
> > Ruby is an open-source language, thus the community should care about
> > "wild-west-censorship" within open-source projects.
>
> So, it *is* way off. How developers run their projects is of not even
> tangentially related to the community around a *programming language*.

of course it is.

It has a direct relation to the evolution speed of a language.

> Also, your argument is a textbook example of the "cum hoc, ergo propter
> hoc" fallacy.

No idea of what you are talking about.

> That Ruby is FLOSS does not mean that its users are
> interested in the politics (or even development) of FLOSS, much less the
> trac project.

I don't care about the users.

I care about me (Ruby is still my 2nd choice language, thus I'm
interested that ruby projects which use trac get the information about
it, thus e.g. they decide easier to move to another (e.g. ruby-
centric) tracking system.

> - Phillip Gawlowski
>
> P.S.: Check your MUA, Ilias, since it doesn't do proper line breaks.
> Maybe move it to the trash, as you ever so kindly suggested to Arlen?

You are right. This google groups thing is terrible.