Tom Cloyd wrote:
> I'm a little unsure where to ask this question. If I need to go
> elsewhere, tell me and a I get movin'.
>
> I'm over at the #kubuntu irc channel, but it's not helpful right now,
> and this IS a rubygems questions, sort of. I'm running Kubuntu Linux
> 7.10, and I'm trying to get the radiant cms running. It's installed,
> but I cannot get a good response to "radiant....." commands.
>
> I was told that it appears that somehow my path/ENV is messed up. I've
> install the radiant rubygem, but the OS can't seem to find it when I
> issue "$: radiant...." commands. I honestly have NO idea how to fix
> this. My rubygems look OK - I see them in /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/, but...
>
> $ gem list --local
> /usr/bin/gem:23: uninitialized constant Gem::GemRunner (NameError)
>
> shows that the gems are lost to the system. Would appreciate any help.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Tom

I just tried a sqlite3 demo program I've been writing, and got this upon
launch -

/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in
`gem_original_require': no such file to load -- sqlite3 (LoadError)
        from
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'
        from sqlite-sequel-demo.rb:80
        from sqlite-sequel-demo.rb:80:in `each'
        from sqlite-sequel-demo.rb:80

Again, everything looks OK in the gems dir, but it can't be found by
ruby. I have NO idea what's going on. The only clue I can offer is that
earlier this evening I installed the radiant gem. I then was unable to
set up radiant because "radiant..." commands all errorred off.

I hope this all give additional helpful information to someone.

Tom