In message "[ruby-talk:29357] RubyUnit Questions"
    on 01/12/23, Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / REMOVEacm.org> writes:

> 0. Is there a writeup somewhere about how RubyUnit works? I'm finding
> it a bit opaque, between its zillion files and my inexperience with
> Ruby.

I have written a book about RubyUnit. The book describes internal
design of RubyUnit.
Unfortunately,
 * The book is written by Japanese.
 * When I wrote the book, RubyUnit version was 0.3.0.
   The latest version of RubyUnit is 0.5.2, so the internal design
   and features written in the book are different from the
   latest version.

> 1. Is there a way to tell after running the suite, whether there have
> been errors? I'm playing with backing up the file every time the tests
> run at 100%

Dose RUNIT::CUI::TestRunner.run help?

> 2. Chet and I wrote an addition to RubyUnit to record all the
> subclasses of TestCase to create a suite and run it. Was there already
> a way to do that? Would the thing we did be useful?

How about rubyunit.rb?
In order to run suite, the only thing to do is require rubyunit.rb.
The rubyunit.rb comes with the latest version of RubyUnit.
The following script run suite and report the result.

  require 'rubyunit'
  class TestFoo < RUNIT::TestCase
    def test_foo
      assert(true)