Phillip Gawlowski wrote:
> Hello, list.
>
> I'm looking for advice on GUI toolkits for cross-platform development /
> deployment, especially in the context of JRuby[0].
>
> Now, that having worked with JRuby yet, I'd like to know how your
> experiences are with using JRuby in larger non-Rails projects,
> especially when developing GUI applications.

Please take a look at Monkeybars.

http://monkeybars.rubyforge.org/

While it is still under development and pre-1.0, I do not think there is
a better library to help you build sophisticated cross-platform Swing
apps with JRuby.

I'm working on a fairly complex desktop app now, and with Monkeybars I
am nearly oblivious that there is Java or Swing lurking underneath.

--
James Britt

http://www.rubyaz.org         - Hacking in the Desert