Michal Suchanek wrote:
> BTW I do not find the small script performance that bad. Implementing
> something like the shell [ in jruby might have noticeable impact on
> shell scripts but running a short script for testing seem fine. That
> might be the OS X prelinking, though.

For example I use a ruby script as an output filter for incoming mails
(ie: it takes a mail coming on an adress, uses ActionMailer to parse it
and then process it)... There can be one such mail coming each second
during peak hours. With MRI it works fast enough, with JRuby I'll have
to use a daemon either by tranforming the script into a SMTP server or
by using Nailgun.

Lionel