There is a play by email strategy game that I have been playing for
quite a while.  I've been keeping my turn reports and I've built a
tool that will parse them for me so they are a bit easier to read.  It
will also merge my reports with my allys.  Anyway, I'm working with
the CGI lib to try and build a web page for the interface so it will
be even easier to read.  I have two questions.  First, is it possible
for me to send the output directly to a file?  Currently I'm going in
to the command prompt and using ruby cgitest.rb >blah.html but it
would be easier if I could just have it automatically put into a file.
 Second, is there a way for me to cancel the off line mode?  Having to
push ctrl + z every time I run the script is a little annoying.
Eventually I will put this up on the web but for now I just want it to
run on my machine.  Any help would be appreciated.

--
-Andy
"I have a great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." Edgar Allen Poe