Lionel Bouton wrote:
> - 1.0 was slower than MRI (between 2x and 3x) and 1.1RC2 slightly faster
> (5 to 10%), the code was mainly doing floating point computations.

I did some investigation on the benchmarks.

- I skipped FRANK because it was already easily 2x as fast as MRI

- All the remaining cases showed up as being slower or only slightly
faster than MRI, which is very unusual. So I ran a sampling profile and
that pointed me toward Struct being slower than it should be. Struct
hasn't been updated with many recent optimizations in the rest of the
system, and I'm sure it can be made a lot faster.

I filed a bug: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-2220

It will be fixed for 1.1, and I'll post some new numbers when I've fixed it.

- Charlie