On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 22:04:55 -0500, Esmail wrote:

> hi,
>
> does anyone have a copy of this book, and if so what do you think of it?
>
> how does it compare to other ruby books?

The new one by Flanagan and Matsumoto? I have it. Along with a few others
including two editions of the "pickaxe" book. It's already the one that
stays on my desk rather than the shelf.

I'm still fairly new to Ruby and there were many times the others would
leave me scratching my head about something. TRPL is, in my experience,
much more consistently clear. Makes for a good reference. Especially for
those of us who know how to program but Ruby is still a new experience.

(A *fun* experience but sometimes I confess to needing a map <G>)