------art_25692_8210728.1204565312788

Attempting this by hand yields the same results, which makes me think it
isn't necessarily a problem with net/ldap.

I get the same useless error when attempting the connection by hand:

@sslcon  CPsocket.new("datadc1", 636)
@context  penSSL::SSL::SSLContext.new
@context.verify_mode  penSSL::SSL::VERIFY_NONE
@sslcon  penSSL::SSL::SSLSocket.new(@sslcon, @context)
@sslcon.connect

then I get OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 9:41 AM, Glen Holcomb <damnbigman / gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having trouble making an SSL connection to an LDAP server.  After
> setting my object to use simple_tls I get the following error when trying
> connect to port 636 on the LDAP (AD) server:
>
> OpenSSL::SSL::SSLError
>
> Nothing more useful than that.  I get a brief stack trace but it isn't all
> that useful either.
>
> --
> "Hey brother Christian with your high and mighty errand, Your actions
> speak
> so loud, I can't hear a word you're saying."
>
> -Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

-Greg Graffin (Bad Religion)

------art_25692_8210728.1204565312788--