2008/3/3, Demonic Software <demonic.software / gmail.com>:
> Is there a way to *completely* serialize objects and move them to
>  another machien in Ruby?  I would like to be able to serialize an entire
>  object (e.g. all the methods, objects, etc.), then transfer this
>  serialized object to another interpreter session, which may or may not
>  be on the same machine, and deserialize  the object.  The objective I
>  have in mind is to be able to migrate the object into the other session
>  and use it as if it was on the instantiated in that session.
>
>  I have read about Marshal and YAML, and these two options don't seem to
>  have that capability.  Are these the only two options for serialization
>  in Ruby?

AFAIK yes.  Note that there is usually no access to code so you would
need to employ some tricks to transfer the code (methods) that is
associated with an instance.  Note also that you might introduce
security risks and other sorts of weird behavior by allowing code to
be transferred (just think of different versions of the same class
etc.).

Kind regards

robert