On Mar 1, 2008, at 12:10 AM, James Britt wrote:

> tim.pease / gmail.com wrote:
>> Webby version 0.8.0 (Apocalypse Cow)
>>    by Tim Pease
>>    http://webby.rubyforge.org/
>>    (the "Apocalypse Cow" release)
>> == DESCRIPTION
>> Webby is a super fantastic little website management system. It
>> would be
>> called a _content management system_ if it were a bigger kid. But,
>> it's
>> just a runt with a special knack for transforming text. And that's
>> really
>> all it does - manages the legwork of turning text into something
>> else, an
>> *ASCII Alchemist* if you will.
>

> Very slick.
>
> Quick question (could not find an answer on the project site): How
> do I configure a site to write the generated site to a directory
> other than 'output'?

Add the following line to the project Rakefile

SITE.output_dir = 'your/new/output/directory'

The SITE constant is an OpenStruct that holds all the defaults for the
website. Here are all the default settings (just FYI) -- you can find
them in the lib/webby.rb file in the gem

     @site = OpenStruct.new(
       :output_dir    => 'output',
       :content_dir   => 'content',
       :layout_dir    => 'layouts',
       :template_dir  => 'templates',
       :exclude       => %w(tmp$ bak$ ~$ CVS \.svn),
       :page_defaults => {
         'layout'     => 'default'
       },
       :find_by       => 'title',
       :base          => nil,
       :create_mode   => 'page',

       # Items for running the heel webserver
       :heel_port => 4331,

       # Items used to deploy the webiste
       :host       => 'user / hostname.tld',
       :remote_dir => '/not/a/valid/dir',
       :rsync_args => %w(-av --delete),

       # Options passed to the 'tidy' program when the tidy filter is
used
       :tidy_options => '-indent -wrap 80',

       # XPath identifiers used by the basepath filter
       :xpaths => %w(
           /html/head//base[@href]
           /html/head//link[@href]
           //script[@src]
           /html/body[@background]
           /html/body//a[@href]
           /html/body//object[@data]
           /html/body//img[@src]
           /html/body//area[@href]
           /html/body//form[@action]
           /html/body//input[@src]
       )
       # other possible XPaths to include for base path substitution
       #   /html/body//object[@usemap]
       #   /html/body//img[@usemap]
       #   /html/body//input[@usemap]
     )