Trans wrote:
> FACETS DOES NOT OVERRIDE ANY BUILT-IN METHODS.

I enjoy using Facets, but it does cause problems in combination
with other common frameworks, particularly Rails. It'd be really
good to see some effort being put to getting common behaviors for
methods provided by commonly-used frameworks. It's not really
enough just to avoid modifying the built-ins.

Someone I helped recently had tried to use Treetop (which uses
Facets) with Rails, and I think it was that works differently.
I found that the size of the collision was very small because
Treetop doesn't use many Facets methods, but in the case of wider
collisions, it could have been very awkward.

It's nice when everything just works, so framework authors should
try for compatibility with other frameworks. Perhaps there's a
case to be made for operating a registry/catalog of core class
extensions made by frameworks that wish to remain compatible?

Clifford Heath.