On Feb 29, 9:52 am, "Eric Mahurin" <eric.mahu... / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 29, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Trans <transf... / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Feb 24, 4:43 pm, Gary Wright <gwtm... / mac.com> wrote:
>
> > > Facets defines Hash#- based on [key,value] pairs and not keys.  An
> > > argument can be made for either approach but you can't integrate code
> > > bases that have different expectations for Hash#-.
>
> > BTW, there is a reason for that. You can do:
>
> >  ahash - otherhash.keys
>
> I think this is the worst kind of monkey-patching - breaking existing
> functionality.  I didn't realize facets went to this level.  Another reason
> to never touch it.

Maybe you should learn your Ruby before you bad mouth someone else's
work. Because you don't what you are talking about. There is no
"existing functionality". Thee is no Hash#- defined in Ruby! It's
strictly an added method. I said it before and I'll repeat it again.
FACETS DOES NOT OVERRIDE ANY BUILT-IN METHODS.

Moreover, about a dozen or so methods that were defined in Facets have
now become standard parts of Ruby as of 1.9. Facets isn't some crazy
poison juice box. It's a way to provide some tertiary standardization
around common Ruby idioms.

T.