Chad Fowler <chadfowler / chadfowler.com> writes:

> It might be illustrative to run this whole thing through some kind of proxy
> and watch the interaction.  There's a nice utility that comes with the
> Apache SOAP implementation (in Java) called TcpTunnelMonitor.  If you
> download the latest Apache SOAP from here
> http://xml.apache.org/dist/soap/version-2.2/ you can start the program like
> so:
> java -classpath soap.jar org.apache.soap.util.net.TcpTunnelGui 80
> www.yourserver.com 80
>
> Then, you can run your ruby programming, hitting localhost instead of
> www.yourserver.com.  You'll see all of the data sent and received in each
> post/get on a nice GUI.
>
> If you've already got Java, it's not too much of a pain.

Thank you. When I run it, I clearly see my POST data.

    POST /PingServer/Ping HTTP/1.1
    Host: localhost

    PingRequestXML=[snip escaped XML]&action=[snip escaped stuff]

The output looks like this:

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 03:49:03 GMT
    Server: Apache/1.3.22 (Unix) mod_jk mod_ssl/2.8.5 OpenSSL/0.9.6a PHP/4.0.6
    Set-Cookie2: JSESSIONID=jm7hbj3yv1;Version=1;Discard;Path="/PingServer"
    Set-Cookie: JSESSIONID=jm7hbj3yv1;Path=/PingServer
    Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.3 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.3.1-internal; FreeBSD 4.4-STABLE i386; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked

    0

What is that "0"? I expect XML; in fact, I receive XML when I use GET
instead of POST.

In my previous reply where I displayed the output requested by Minero Aoki,
the thing that looks really suspicious is that the content-length is nil.

Jim
--
Jim Menard, jimm / io.com, http://www.io.com/~jimm/
"Brought to you again by the Department of Redundancy Department."