On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:59 AM, Sam Smoot wrote:

> Otherwise, like you said, you eventually
> may not have the source for a lib, so you wouldn't have a choice but
> to abandon it or hack in something like:
>
> require 'faster_csv'
> Array.send(:undefine_method, :to_csv)

Since we've been using FasterCSV's extension to Array, I just wanted
to point out some small facts in it's defense:

* FasterCSV does support the alternative syntax:
FCSV.generate_line(array)
* Array#to_csv just wraps the above call, so there's no danger of
losing functionality if a collision occurs

In summary, Array#to_csv is provided just as a convenience to
developers. You are free to ignore it.

James Edward Gray II