On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 1:44 PM, s.ross <cwdinfo / gmail.com> wrote:
>  FWIW, I'm in the first camp, and feel Ruby does just fine for my
>  needs. I understand the arguments to the contrary, but don't
>  anticipate them being a problem in my application space. That's not to
>  claim validity of either position, just disclosure of my predisposition.

If that's how you personally divide things, then I'm in your camp too.
 No, really.

I'm actually not very interested in any of the proposals to extend
Ruby (either with patches or with Ruby code).  I'll be completely
satisfied if, as a result of this discussion, a few more people think
"oh yeah, I could do this with [inheritance|mixins|delegation|etc.],
and it would be easier than monkey patching!" when they set out to add
some functionality to an existing class.

As far as the language goes, I'm happy with Ruby the way it is.

--
Avdi