On 2/26/08, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:
> Rick DeNatale wrote:
>  > Actually, California isn't even the westernmost state in the lower 48
>  > states. That distinction goes to Oregon.
>

> Actually, it goes to Washington, I think -- Cape Alava, IIRC. But not by
>  much.

And somewhat controversially.  Also Cape Alava seems only to be
westernmost at low tide if we're talking about the mainland.

An interesting fact is that if we define easternmost/westernmost by
longitude, Alaska takes three of the four championships. It is the
northernmost, westernmost, AND easternmost state.

--
Rick DeNatale

My blog on Ruby
http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/