2008/2/26, Clifford Heath <no / spam.please.net>:
> You can do the special case that Phlip described. You can't do the
>  general thing which he was exemplifying without doing stupid things
>  like inspecting caller. I've also done quite a bit of deep metaprogramming
>  in Ruby, and what he wants (as opposed to his simple example) can't
>  sensibly be done, and probably shouldn't be anyway. Caller sensitivity
>  violates POLS.

Could you describe "the general thing" a little bit more? As I
understood it, he wants to limit a "monkey patch" to the scope of a
Module. Which is what I've done. I've only used the import-module
library and added a more user-friendly syntax. I'm not inspecting
caller at all, and import-module doesn't either. What am I missing?