On 21 Dec 2001 05:53:17 -0800, truediogen / my-deja.com (Vladimir)
wrote:

>Ron Jeffries <ronjeffries / REMOVEacm.org> wrote in message news:<0A32756ADADA363F.070372C414654C16.C0220F403DBE0589 / lp.airnews.net>...
>
>> XP teams seem to have customers who are happy with quality. They
>> accomplish this by a continuous and very tight feedback loop, driven
>> by delivering features to the customer every two weeks, tested as the
>> customer (team) specifies. When the software passes the test but is
>> not satisfactory, the team learns how to do better tests.
>
>None who is not happy??? I can't believe this.

I am aware of one XP team, in a company where there are many, whose
customer is not happy.  Indeed, the team was disbanded by the VP
because they failed to Gel.  Three iterations in a row failed to
deliver value.  That particular team simply could not do XP.  Not all
teams can.

I am aware of several companies who are unhappy with consultants or
programming teams who claimed to be using XP; but in every case I have
investigated I found that that those teams were not working with the
customer daily, writing tests first, or delivering value to the
customer every two weeks, among other things.  There are, after all,
people who claim to be doing XP, who are in reality just not doing
documentation.

Robert C. Martin    | "Uncle Bob"              | Software Consultants
Object Mentor Inc.  | rmartin / objectmentor.com | We'll help you get
PO Box 5757         | Tel: (800) 338-6716      | your projects done.
565 Lakeview Pkwy   | Fax: (847) 573-1658      | www.objectmentor.com
Suite 135           |                          | www.XProgramming.com
Vernon Hills, IL,   | Training and Mentoring   | www.junit.org
60061               | OO, XP, Java, C++, Python|