On Feb 25, 12:59  𮮮wrote:
> Junkone wrote:
> > :description > 'A custom service I wrote just for fun'
> > :start_type => Service::AUTO_START,
>
> There's a comma missing after "fun'".
>
> HTH,
> Sebastian
> --
> NP: Explosions in the Sky - Remember Me As A Time Of Day
> Jabber: sep... / jabber.org
> ICQ: 205544826

thanks for pointing it out.
i get new errors now.
Is there anything that my executable should do in order to be a
service. i have created services before with vb and have not
experienced issues. bat file is a simple one having this statemetn.
thin start  -e production -p 3000

When i run it directly, it works. but i run it as part of the
servicem, the start up fails with this error

This is some service service failed to start due to the following
error:
The service did not respond to the start or control request in a
timely fashion.

My code for the service implementation is

require "win32/service"
   include Win32

   # Create a new service
   Service.create('some_service', nil,
      :service_type       => Service::WIN32_OWN_PROCESS,
      :description        => 'A custom service I wrote just for fun',
      :start_type         => Service::AUTO_START,
      :error_control      => Service::ERROR_NORMAL,
      :binary_path_name   => 'E:\TradingTools\torontotrader
\startServer.bat',
      :load_order_group   => nil,
      :dependencies       => nil,
      :service_start_name => 'LocalSystem',
      :password           => nil,
      :display_name       => 'This is some service'
   )