Newsgroupies:

....for Linux.

I have recently had the request to port Flea to MS Windows that I was
waiting for. In theory the major core parts should work, but I will
need to adjust the minor glue parts.

Flea uses Ruby language scripts to grow 3D L-system fractals and
render them with PovRay, OpenInventor and YASRT. The project includes
(rough) ports of Lauren Lapre's LPARSER to GNU C++. Includes a RubyTk
"sketch" output for quick previews as you edit a script.

Ruby is a very high level OO language, and the Flea L-system code has
been completely re-written, not ported. The source code is very
refactored and modular, and will support any change that anyone could
think of.

Flea v0.4 is here:

	http://sourceforge.net/projects/flea

The gallery of groovy Flea output images is here:

	http://flea.sourceforge.net

An exemplary reference of many Flea script commands is here:

	http://flea.sourceforge.net/reference.html

The tutorial pages are here:

	http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby?FractalLifeEngine
	http://www.rubygarden.com/ruby?FractalLifeEngine/FleaOpenInventor

Happy fractaling!

--
  Phlip                          phlip_cpp / yahoo.com
   http://www.greencheese.org/EvolutionaryPsychology