On Feb 24, 2008, at 8:44 PM, RichardOnRails wrote:

> I've got two questions:
> 1. Where can I find an FXRuby example that employs FXColorWell?

Several of the examples included in the FXRuby source distribution
demonstrate the use of the FXColorWell widget. See for example
datatarget.rb or image.rb.

> 2. Does my Ruby installation have FXColorWell installed properly?

If you have FXRuby installed, then yes, FXColorWell is just one of the
many widgets in FXRuby's library.

> I started to code one,  and included the statement:
>
> require 'FXColorWell'
>
> to which Ruby responded "no such file to load -- FXColorWell
> (LoadError)"

You don't need to require() any additional libraries (other than
FXRuby, I mean) to use FXColorWell. Just create an FXColorWell widget
somewhere, e.g.

	colorwell = FXColorWell.new(...)

> I searched my Ruby installation for all files named 'FXColorWell' in
> part, regardless of case.  I found 6 files, all in Ruby\lib\ruby\gems
> \1.8\:

Those are documentation files...

> Is the FXColorWell.rb under rdoc-sources the file that my require
> statement would look for?

Also documentation.

Hope this helps,

Lyle

P.S. If I were going to shamelessly plug the FXRuby book, which is now
available in Beta at http://www.pragprog.com/titles/fxruby, this is
where I'd do that.