I've built another release; this time the socket library built cleanly
with a modification to use liberrno from CEGCC. I can now do a 'require
webrick' and even install rubygem! (although I get an error right at the
end when it's trying to install ri docs)

http://www.target-earth.net/gadgets/

There is a new file on my site (dated 24 Feb 2008) including a pre-built
binary version, along with a pre-installed version of rubygem.

I should have a proper patch soon.. it's just working out how to build
this external library at the same time and include it in the final
linking process. The rest of the modifications against the plain Ruby
source tree now work cleanly with a single patch.

-John