Alle Sunday 24 February 2008, Luca Roma ha scritto:
> Thanks stefano for the responce
>
> There are 2 possible links:
> http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=PupR5V9aE2s&test=1
> http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=PupR5V9aE2s
>

> str.match(/v=([^&]*)/)[1]
> Is your command valid also for the second link?
> Thanks
>
> Stefano Crocco wrote:
> > Alle Sunday 24 February 2008, Luca Roma ha scritto:
> >> I have a string that content a link of a youtube page .
> >> Like:
> >> http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=PupR5V9aE2s&test=1
> >>
> >> i want get the value of v:
> >> PupR5V9aE2s
> >>
> >> How i can do?
> >> Thanks
> >
> > If you know that the part of the string you want is delimited by v= and
> > &, you
> > can use this:
> >
> > str.match(/v=([^&]*)/)[1]
> >
> > Stefano

Yes. The regexp I used looks for the string v= followed by any number of
characters which are not '&'. Those characters are put into the first group of
the returned MatchData. Since your second link doesn't contain the '&', the
match will go on until the end, which should give you what you want.

Stefano