On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:44 AM, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:

>  Nice work Martin, I suggest however that you do a
>  gsub("function","method") on your text, there are just no functions in
>  Ruby.
>  What do you think?

I did think about that, and deliberately decided to go with
'function', since from a newbie perspective toplevel methods *are*
functions.

Pros: Clear, conceptually simple to understand, a useful and
for-the-moment accurate model of what's happening
Cons: Technically incorrect, but to explain the difference would delve
into ruby's object model a bit too soon.

martin