Martin Kahlert <martin.kahlert / infineon.com> writes:

> I never did anything with xml before; so can you give me a short
> hint on how to convert these .xml files into anything different
> (html/txt)?  xml seems to be like a mixture of html and latex to me

If you want to convert XML into HTML, your best bet is XSLT. If you
don't mind the format of the HTML used for the existing online book,
you could just use the XSLT that I used.

It also helps to have an XML friendly editor. I personally use Emacs,
but that will start a long chain of responses, so I won't say it.

You could also work from the original LaTeX sources, but that can be
pretty confusing unless you know TeX.

Thanks for taking on this project

Dave