1) How did you find out about Ruby?
About a year ago, knowing me using Perl for work, my dad mentioned in
his e-mail that there's a popular language in Japan called Ruby. Wow!
Not another scripting language! I ignored Ruby for another 3 months.
One day, I was searching for FFT but run into Ruby again. Been able to
read some Japanese and after some searched on the web, instead of
becoming a Pythonian, I decided Ruby is the one. Thanks dad! (a 70
years old Taiwanese)

2) Prior to finding Ruby, what programming language(s) did you
primarily use?
- Chipset BIOS using x86 assembler.
- CPU validation using C, C++.
- CPU cache design simulation using Tcl.
- Data Warehousing using Perl, PL/SQL.
- Data Processing systems using Perl, Java.
- Financial (Banking) system using Java, C++.

3) (this question is for folks coming from PythonLand or PerlLand)
What Python or Perl modules do you miss most and wish that Ruby had?
- MOM-based (pure Ruby) distributed module,
- maturity of DBI/DBD and
- Fuzzy Logic.
(And it would be nice if Matz can add that Python style local
variable)

4) (follow-up to #3) Would the lack of these modules preclude you from
using Ruby?

NO

5) Do you think you'll be using Ruby at work in the next:
3 months?   6 months?  (or do you already use it at work?)

Yes, I use Ruby for my own project. I'm a consultant and will push for
Ruby any chance I get.

Chochain Lee