On 20 Dec 2001 14:36:36 -0800, richard / dynasty-solutions.co.uk
(Richard George) wrote:

>This whole discussion, and the effectiveness and coverage of the
>testing performed by the XP method, hinges, like other test moethods,
>on the quality and correctness of the requirements, both functional
>and in programming flexibity. I have not read anything on the XP web
>pages concerning this area. Do you have formal methods in this area?

XP addresses the issue of quality and correctness of requirements
through short feedback cycles.  Every two weeks the business folks see
the evolving system and provide feedback on the requirements.

The business folks often specify requirements only to change them once
they see them in action.  The best way to refine requirements is to
get them in front of the business folks as quickly as possible and
solicit their feedback often.

Robert C. Martin    | "Uncle Bob"              | Software Consultants
Object Mentor Inc.  | rmartin / objectmentor.com | We'll help you get
PO Box 5757         | Tel: (800) 338-6716      | your projects done.
565 Lakeview Pkwy   | Fax: (847) 573-1658      | www.objectmentor.com
Suite 135           |                          | www.XProgramming.com
Vernon Hills, IL,   | Training and Mentoring   | www.junit.org
60061               | OO, XP, Java, C++, Python|