On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 05:18:00AM +0900, John Smith wrote:
> Hey guys, I am interested in knowing, what new Web Development projects
> you are doing, curious to know, what data base you use, and if you are
> using Linux or Windows platform.  Also, will like to know, if there are
> any alternatives to Adobe products, that you may be using

Depending on the specific job, I may use PHP, Perl, or Ruby for my web
development projects.  Thus far, the Ruby stuff has mostly been personal
projects, while my professional web dev work is primarily PHP or Perl.
With luck, I'll be able to phase out PHP in favor of Ruby in the near
future.

I've used MySQL a bit, but I'm working more with PostgreSQL now, for a
number of reasons.  One of the biggest reasons is that, when I'm working
on a project that doesn't have a specific requirement for a given
database, I can't find anything about MySQL that makes me want to use
that instead of PostgreSQL -- but several times PostgreSQL has come up
the clear winner in terms of some preferred or needed functionality.  I
also find the licensing for PostgreSQL to be more amenable to my needs
and preferences.

What do you mean by "alternatives to Adobe products"?  Are you asking
about Flash, or Acrobat/PDF stuff, or Creative Suite, or AIR, or
ColdFusion, or HomeSite, or Dreamweaver, or . . . what?

McCloctnick the Lucid: "The first rule of magic is simple. Don't waste your
time waving your hands and hopping when a rock or a club will do."