On Fri, 21 Dec 2001 06:03:30 +1100, Dave Thomas wrote:

> Dave (sighing as he watches sales of the book plummet)

Sadly, this may be due to the fact that you've been kind
enough to provide it for download.  Personally, I have both
the hard and soft copies, because they serve different
purposes, but I could imagine a lot of people may just
download the HTML version.

Again, this is Ruby's fault.  It's too darned easy to get
into, so people may find they learn enough too quickly to
bother wanting something they can read on the bus/train !!

A more positive way to look at it is that they may just be
strapped for cash at the moment, due to Christmas; maybe
things will pick up in the new year.  I hope so, because we
need it to be worth yours and Andy's while to write something
else :-).