Hello,

I am attempting to use cgi.rb with a multipart form (to handle file
uploading).  I notice that the current behavior creates a Tempfile for
every parameter passed in through the form, not just for files which are
uploaded.

Would it make sense to only create Tempfiles if a filename is
specified?  This would be more consistent with perl's CGI.pm (not that
their design is perfect), and it would definitely make writing cgi apps
a bit easier.  A cgi application could know for certain that the values
of cgi.params were arrays of String objects, unless that particular
variable was an input type of 'file' in which case the value would be an
array of Tempfile objects.

Does anyone have any thoughts or objections?

Thanks,
-Brad

P.S.  Please cc me directly as I'm not subscribed to ruby-talk but
browse through the archives.