All,

I've been reading up on Ruby for a while (and have played with CGI,
DBI, etc.).  I know people are using it for some interesting purposes
(Dave and Andy purport to have production systems running in Ruby
(right?)).  I think it would be very interesting to see what production
(or mission-critical, even) uses Ruby has been put to.

Are there any "real" (your definition is fine :-) ) business
applications in use that were developed in Ruby?

Serving a dynamic website counts, IMO, so let's hear about those, too.

My personal plan is to publish my website journal using Ruby, using
text files for the journal entries (using a DB is just too much
'overhead' right now), rather than continuing to use Blogger (they're
SO slow, and it's unsecure).  I don't consider this a 'production' use,
even by my own rules, I guess, because it's not a dynamic,
code-intensive use.

Anyway, inspire us with your cool Ruby applications!

=====