On Feb 16, 10:03   㮮
> Since the main use is lookup by reference, and hash is designed for
> keyed access, hash would seem to be the natural container to use. I'm
> not sure I quite get what you are saying about iterating through a
> singleton instead, could you explain a little more?
[...]

There's one set of rooms, which may have sub-sets, of course.  But,
for the set of rooms you may want to iterate through each room for
whatever reason.  Putting the rooms into a Singleton allows such
iteration in an inherently thread-safe way.

Admittedly, I don't really understand Hash that well.

-Thufir