On Feb 7, 4:11 pm, Nando Sanchez <rubyna... / yahoo.com> wrote:
> I see all the "criticism" items as strengths inRuby. If you have
> problems with your code, write more automated tests then.

Well, usually you dont even know there is a "problem with you code"
until a bug or runtime-error hits you. Which might be far later than
you

But more importantly a general problem with just saying "test your
code",
is that most real-life applications have an infinite number of
possible different inputs,
and you can only test a finite number of input-cases, no matter how
clever your framework is.
Which means you can actually never test more than 0% of all possible
inputs.

And minimum -- particularly when depending on runtime error-checking
-- one would like to ensure every code-line is executed
at least once during every test. Already this goal alone, is far from
a trivial task in real-life applications.

> You call
> something a weakness when you need to change it, but what if we get rid
> of these things inRuby? We end up with c#, VB? No way!

My purpose was never to "get rid" of anything, just to point out some
problematic areas, in my opinion, in some types of applications.
Or simply point to some "Pros and Cons", tradeoffs, etc.

I think Ruby is a very interesting and fun tool to use and experiment
with,
but might still not be the totally ideal one for every possible task
and application on earth,
if Im allowed to think so... :)