I'm not entirely sure what you intend to do. If you wanted to get five
separate words and then put them into an array:

words_group = []
while i<5
new_word = gets.chomp
words_group<< new_word
i = i +1
end
print words_group

or if you wanted to get all five words on the same line:

word_group = []
words_group = gets.chomp.split(" ")
print words_group

and to print them
(word_group.length).times {|i| print words_group[i]," "}