Gary Wright wrote:

> Nothing comes to mind. This thread pointed out that if it was
> *really* an instance of the singleton class then instance.class would
> return the singleton class, but it doesn't.  Another difference is
> that the singleton class and its superclass are outside the class
> hierarchy that created the instance in the first place.  Another
> difference is that the instance exists before its singleton class,
> which is the opposite of the normal class/instance relationship.

* instance.class is a method like any other so it can be overriden by
the singleton, I think, so it can return whatever it wants. Indeed if I
from the singleton class does ObjectSpace.each_object (self) {|x| puts
x} only my instance is printed. (I suspect ObjectSpace gets help from
the VM/runtime).

* Im not sure I understand what you mean by outside the hierachy. My
understanding is that the singleton is subclasses the original class.

* As for the instance existing before the class, yeah I see that.

Kind regards