On Feb 15, 2008, at 8:19 PM, Softmind Technology wrote:

> Sorry for jumping in.
>
> If Mod_ruby was so easy to write.. than why its not written so far...?

It's not? Shugo-san will be very surprised, I think, to learn that
he's not actually written anything. And crap, I wrote a whole
framework around software that doesn't exist?! Damn, I guess I should
probably tell the company I work for that their intranet is a figment
of my imagination, too. :P

> Why did Engine Yard hire few skilled Programmers to work full time on
> Mod_Ruby.?

They didn't -- they hired skilled programmers (hi Ryan and Eric!) to
work full time on Rubinius, and have talked about writing a
"mod_rubinius", which I would assume was an Apache module that
embedded a Rubinius interpreter.

> Why does maximum Ruby developers are demanding and cursing the lack of
> mod_ruby and the lack of easy deployment of Ruby on Rails die to
> improper mod_ruby.

Ignorance?

> I think... majority cant be wrong.

The majority can certainly be wrong. History is rife with examples.

> There's something missing in the proper mod_ruby implementation.

Which is...?

> may be Engine Yard can focus more on this...

They already have their hands full on their own stuff, so I doubt it.

--
Michael Granger <ged / FaerieMUD.org>
Rubymage, Architect, Believer