On Feb 15, 4:36   ﮮ
http://209.85.173.104/search?q=cache:6FhFfBVa9lIJ:rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/RubyIdioms+ruby+idioms&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=2&gl=us&client=safari

> PS - Anyone have a good explanation of why RDoc translates initialize > methods as 'new'? Yes I know you instantiate via: X.new   > does the method 'initialize'

I assume because initialize only exists to be called on instances
after the 'new' for the class has created them. I have personally
never called #initialize directly; it's always through new.

I suppose the idea is that by documenting the method that you actually
call, you know how to use the method. (Instead of causing new users to
think that they should write   f = Foo.new; f.initialize( bar, 42 )