-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:31:53 +0900
> Von: Scott Cook <scootercook / gmail.com>
> An: ruby-talk / ruby-lang.org
> Betreff: qtruby install on redhat

> running ./configure after untarring  korundum-3.5.5 I get:
>
> checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
> configure: error:
> you need to install kdelibs first.
>
> If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
> this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
> The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
> _same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
> configuration settings.
>
> How am I supposed to know what version of Qt was used to compile
> kdelibs? I didn't do that myself, it's just the library that came with
> RedHat.
>
> I tried "up2date qt" and "up2date kdelibs", they're both already up to
> date.
>
> name -a
> Linux apu 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I greatly appreciate any help on how to proceed from here. Do I need to
> somehow uninstall and re-install kdelibs?
> Thanks!
> Scott
> --

Dear Scott,

did you install kdelibs ? Then your system can't find it and this looks
like a path problem. Maybe you can find something in the documentation
to tell korundum where the libs dependencies are
(something like ./configure --with-libs=SOMEPATH ... unfortunately,
I don't have a redhat system available right now).

or you try to install
korundum from an rpm (and install the necessary dependencies first via
rpm also ... you'll see rpm complain about what's missing).

You can find rpms for your redhat system from googling "rpmfind korundum".

Best regards,

Axel