On Feb 14, 2008, at 9:32 AM, Ruby Quiz wrote:

> Since this brings us to three full years of weekly quizzes and my
> retirement as
> quizmaster, I want to thank not only those who solved this week's
> problem but
> anyone who ever solved a quiz.  If people hadn't supported the
> effort so well
> these last three years, it never would have made it this far.  I
> also need to
> give a huge thanks to those who contributed quizzes and summaries
> during the
> run.  They carried me a good portion of the way and I'm eternally
> grateful for
> that.
>
> Sincerely, thank you all.

Thank _you_ so much.

I was a late comer to Ruby Quiz. My first submission was Quiz 90. And
I didn't solve all that many quizzes after that one. Still I always
followed the submissions and read the summaries from Quiz 90 on. And
I enjoyed and learned from each. I am particularly fond of your
summaries. They were always cogent and extremely well written --
amazingly so, when one considers how little time you had to write
each one.

Now that you're retired <grin>, James, why don't you use some newly
available free time <another grin> to get out a second "Best of Ruby
Quiz" book <serious>? Either an updated second edition, or a separate
second volume. I'd would really like to see this happen. They were
certainly enough great quizzes after the book came out to fill
another volume.

Regards, Morton